Wednesday, January 18, 2012

German-y Goodness

Saturday was a pretty low-key day for us. We had an early afternoon shoot with Space City Soles, and then we were meeting Whitney Morgan for a yummy German lunch. Chi from Space City Soles is a lot of fun, ad very easy to work with. This was actually my third shoot with him, but Serene's first. We started off doing a few scenes in his apartment, and then we moved on to some simple glamour shots outside. Chi had a location at a park down the street that he wanted to use, and of course we had to pick the coldest day of out trip to do it, lol. We finished up that part of the shoot, and then headed back to change & get our stuff together. 

We followed Chi to Whitney's house, and then all of us headed over to the restaurant. Whitney lives in Sanford, and apparently the restaurant we went to, Hollenbach's Willow Cafe, is the #1 German restaurant in America. Being of German descent, I have eaten a lot of German food in my time. I must say that, after eating at this place, I can see why they are #1 :) If you are ever in Sanford, I highly recommend!

We got back to Whitney's, and Serene had a custom for Whitney that she needed to shoot, so I helped out with filming. We had a few more things to shoot, but it was getting late, and tonight was the night that Serene & I made our reservations for Tutu Tango. I was NOT missing out on tapas two nights in a row! Whitney & Serene wrapped up their shoot, and we made our way to Tutu Tango.

Let me just tell you that is was completely worth the wait! Everything was sooooo delicious & so amazing! No wonder they had a 2 hour wait, lol. Since it was tapas, Serene & I ordered a few different things, and then shared. One of my favorite dishes that I had that night was the alligator bites ;) nom nom nom. Besides having amazing food, Tutu Tango had some other pretty amazing qualities. The showcased art by local artists, and had it available for purchase. There was also a jewelry maker & a tarot card reader in the restaurant. I fancied a particular peacock painting that I knew that Jeremy would also like, but.....it was large & expensive and not a very conventional purchase ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment