Friday, January 27, 2012

Making A Big Production Out Of Things

This past weekend, I was flown up to Toronto to work on the re-issue of the book How To Be Kinky by Morpheous. Morph has two books out, How To Be Kinky & How To Be Kinkier, and he has decided to re-issue the first book this fall, so he wanted to re-shoot some of the photos from the first book. He is also building a website, so in addition to the stills that we took, we did some quick 1min- 1:45min of campy Klaw-inspired video. Both Nicotine & Casey Calvert were going to be there as well, so I was pretty excited for this!

Well, let me just tell you that I was not prepared for the type of production value that was happening for the shoot. First, Morph put us up at the Thompson Hotel in downtown Toronto, and the hotel was absolutely beautiful! I shared a room with Casey, and then Morph stayed in the suite that was adjacent to our room. I felt like such a rockstar, lol.

Here's a view from the entryway into the bathroom. The bathroom had heated floors, btw.

Here's a pic of the bathroom...
 And, here's a pic of Casey sitting on her bed....
 I realize that the photos don't really do the room justice, and it does kind of look like any other hotel room, but it was pretty spectacular, especially if you're used to traveling on the cheap & staying at 2 star hotels, lol.

Here's the Wall Of Booze that was in Morph's room...
A everyone arrived, we gathered in Morph's room for a quick production meeting. Production meeting?? I have done many, many shoots, but I have never once had to attend a production meeting, especially one with champagne.

I guess what I'm really trying to say here is that I thought that I was flying up to Toronto to do a small 2-day photo shoot, and didn't quite expect the production value that Morph put forth.  He had a lighting crew, wardrobe people, hair & make-up people, someone from the publisher was there, other photographers..... I'm not even sure what some of the people's jobs even were. People were asking me left & right if I was ok, did I need anything, etc. I'm used to being treated well on shoots, but nothing quite of this magnitude.

The shoots themselves went really well, and I got to do somethings that I have never done before. I got to use the ass hooks on Casey, and then Casey & I got to have fun with Nicotine while she was in a vac-bed.


After we wrapped up on Saturday night, one of the girls took the 3 of us out for putine. I had never even heard of putine before, let alone tried it, so I was curious about this popular Toronto delicacy. Essentially, what putine is is french fries, gravy (preferably chicken gravy) and cheese curds. Different places also have different variations of it, but that's basically what it is. Sounds gross, I know, but believe me....it was deeeee-lishis! I've actually been craving it since I've been home.

 Nom, nom, nom.......

Sunday was a little more relaxed of a day, and we just finished up some odds & ends for the book & did some fun glamour shots. Aslan Leather was kind enough to make some products specifically for the shoot & Ego Assassin brought by some beautiful latex pieces for us to use. 


Nicotine brought her amazing steam punk, ray gun dildos ;)


We wrapped up the shoot, and then Casey & I were driven to the airport so that we could catch our flights home. All in all, this weekend was truly amazing, and I am so honored to have been able to have been a part of it. A special thanks to Morph, and to everyone else who had a part in making the weekend so amazing!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment